Saturday, April 28, 2018

"Special" Hamburger Sauce

Special Hamburger Sauce
We've been on a bit of a hamburger binge; I've already posted the hamburger roll recipe here. We eat them at home, we order them out.  We grill them, we fry them. Sweet Pie loads his burgers up with cheese and pickles and bacon and onion and, and, and.  Me, I'm a Plain Jane.  Just ketchup and tomato and pickle on the side. Once in a while I walk on the wild side and add lettuce, but pretty much not.  I don't like hot, wilted lettuce.

While I do like ketchup, it can become a little boring and the game needs to be kicked up.  I was thinking about the "special" sauce served at certain hamburger restaurants, and I thought, I can make this at home.  An internet search revealed this recipe, and it's quite good.  It's much like a Thousand Island recipe but it's not, but I think in a pinch it would make a good one, grins. Regardless it's good on hamburgers and adds a little something special.

SPECIAL HAMBURGER SAUCE

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1 to 2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
 
Combine all ingredients and adjust seasoning to taste. Best flavor develops when refrigerated for a little bit and then serve and enjoy. Lasts for a week or so in the fridge when well covered.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of this sauce that certain food places serve and saw one online I've been meaning to try. Now that I know you've tried this one I will go with yours. Basically I'm a mustard and lettuce girl for my burgers!

    ReplyDelete